Lord's Prayer For The Military Wife - Author Unknown

Lord's Prayer for the Military Wife - Author Unknown

Lord, Grant me the greatness of heart to see, the difference in duty and his love for me. Give me the understanding to know, that when duty calls he must go. Give m a task to do each day, to fill the time when he is away, and Lord, when duty is in the field, please protect him and be his shield.

December 11, 2010

Why am I doing this?

So here I am again, giving blogging another shot. Why am I doing this you ask? Well to be honest there are several reasons, none of which is to feed any narcissism. The idea actually came to me the other night while text chatting with one of my sisters-in-law. I had shared with her that I had been interviewed by another blogger from a military spouse blog I discovered during our last deployment about my thoughts & feelings on deployment. After which I emailed her a link...her response: "the blog post is so cool, wow **** I didn't really know what it's like and happy to hear that there are other wives you can connect with...isn't blogging the best...thanks for sharing this with me!"  I thought, you know the whole point of that posting was about loneliness & my particular situation of being a ANG wife whose husband has yet to deploy with his own unit, which leaves something to be desired in the connecting with other spouses in the same situation. So why not do something about it? From the responses on said post, it seems I am not alone.

Those of us whose spouses serve in the Guard, and Reserve or Active duty away from post, are at the disadvantage of not having a built in community of those who truly understand where we are coming from.  I love my family & friends, they have been supportive, however, unless you are or have gone through it, you just cannot understand. Even my sister who is retired from the military once responded to the effect that she has never been on this side of if so cannot completely understand. So it is my hope that maybe someone out there will read this and think, "I'm not alone, I'm not going crazy, this is 'normal' or at least as close as it gets."

So be prepared to follow the crazy adventures of one bubble headed wife & mother, one drama queen, one prima donna as we prepare for and live through another deployment.

No comments:

Post a Comment