Lord's Prayer For The Military Wife - Author Unknown

Lord's Prayer for the Military Wife - Author Unknown

Lord, Grant me the greatness of heart to see, the difference in duty and his love for me. Give me the understanding to know, that when duty calls he must go. Give m a task to do each day, to fill the time when he is away, and Lord, when duty is in the field, please protect him and be his shield.

August 27, 2014

It's been awhile...

I cannot believe it has been two-and-half years since I last posted. Talk about life getting crazy busy. Obi-wan has been home for quite awhile...I'm finally settling into the fact that he won't be leaving anytime soon for longer than a month at a time. We're still a guard family, he just renewed his contract this past December. I've began and completed my LPN schooling, have my license and am working full-time as well as beginning my bridge to RN program. (Yay me!).

The Diva and Prima Donna have been busy as well. Mostly growing up WAY too fast. The Diva has been pursuing her art, acting and a little of her singing. They both had main character roles in our churches summer musical program. The Prima Donna has joined the Civil Air Patrol in anticipation of becoming a pilot when she is older. She is also homeschooling again so that she can graduate early. She has been begging for the past year to homeschool again; we had placed both the girls back in the local brick and mortar school for awhile, and Obi-wan & I finally agreed this year. 

I still knit when I am able, but most of my time is taken up with taking care of the family, school and work. In fact I have had to learn to say "no" when asked to help or work extra shifts. This may not be a big deal to some, but it is very difficult for me sometimes. The result being, schedule, mental and emotional overload from lack of sleep or accomplishing anything.

Obi-wan switched to a new unit this year with his promotion, and I've been so busy I haven't even been able to contact our FRG leader to touch base. In my defense, I work night shift, so when I think about it, most normal people are in bed asleep.

So there's a quick a run-down on where I have been while MIA.  


No comments:

Post a Comment